Flash arduino bootloader on fresh Atmega168
I burned one of my MCU so I decided to figure out how to flash the arduino bootloader onto a new Atmega168 I had in stock.
- USBtiny ISP - programmer
- 10 to 6 pins ribbon cable
- an atmega168 MCU
2 Flash using arduino IDE
- for the old IDE, change board in ~/.arduino/preferences to atmega168
- for the new IDE, set board to "Arduino NG or older w/ Atmega168"
- change programmer to UsbTinyISP
- run flash bootloader
- if it does not work, unplug/replug the board
3 Flash using command line
- go to the bootloaders folder cd usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/bootloaders
- flash using avrdude sudo avrdude -c usbtiny -p m168 -v -e -U flash:w:optiboot_atmega168.hex